Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Vacation Wednesday



Today was a fun day. Robbie flew back home today because he has to speak at a summer youth series. The girls took him to the airport so the guys hit the beach. Ryan and I spent the morning riding the waves. We swam with the dolphins and avoided the sting rays. At first, I thought I would scoop a stingray onto my boogie board until Chris reminded me that it was a stingray that brought down the 'Crocodile Hunter' Steve Irwin. The thought of death is probably the one thing that has kept so many people alive in the face of a dare.


The girls left us alone so we went to eat. Today I found a restaurant that easily made my top 5. It is called Fannie's. It is located on the strip in Tybee Island right in front of the pier. We ate on the 2nd story open porch. It was great to view the Atlantic while eating shrimp and crab legs. Today I tried steamed shrimp. Not bad.


This is the first time that my tan line has extended beyond the boundary of my shirt sleeve (commonly known as a 'farmers tan'). I haven't had this kind of sun since I was a lifeguard. This afternoon it was really windy. We had trouble setting up our tent. If it is that windy tomorrow, I am going to make a parachute with the tent fabric and try a new invention; wind boogie boarding. In theory it works, we'll have to see how it does in trials. I think I will depart because the Cards are going to be on ESPN. Naps were scarce for the young'uns so maybe we will all get some sleep tonight. Until tomorrow, good day.

No comments: