Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Vacation Tuesday




After two splendid feasts, I have decided that the best decision God ever made came on the 5th day, when God made shrimp. No wonder God said, "It was good." I see why Forrest Gump's friend Bubba was obsessed with them, they are delicious. I had them for lunch, fried and for supper, sauteed. Since we are in Savannah and Steph has become a cult follower of Paula Deen, we decided to eat at her restaurant. Unfortunately, we could not get reservations so we ate at the next closest thing, Paula' s brother's place, Uncle Bubba's Oyster House. If you ever go there I recommend the shrimp dinner with your choice of fried, sauteed, blackened, or grilled shrimp. I also recommend Paula's recipe, Shore is Good Seafood Dip. Robbie and I drew attention to ourselves eating it. Luckily, I have the metabolism of a hummingbird or I would have gained 20 lbs. today.


I have realized how much of a priority that people have placed on tanning. I thought that since it was so popular I would give it a try. Robbie (Ed) and I put our i-pods on, stretched out the beach chairs, put on the sunglasses and immediately the sky grew cloudy. It is a good thing. I am pretty sure we have ADHD and would never be able to just lay there while growing ever hotter. Boogie boarding was a washout today. The tide was too high and the current was really strong, but I did manage to swim with a couple of dolphins for a bit. I am amazed at how much the tide goes out in 2-3 hours. The beach level must drop at least 50 ft. in that period of time.


Addie is a water dog. That little girl absolutely loves the water. We made a sand castle today. It's life span was not long because Addie decided to eat it. A few mouthfuls of sand quickly stopped that train wreck. Steph's tan really makes her glow. She is absolutely gorgeous. All this food has left me exhausted. As the sun sets over the Atlantic, I bid thee farewell. Today's verdict: vacations are not half-bad, hot sand is!

No comments: