Sunday, July 20, 2008

Vacation Day One


Andy Walker reporting from beautiful Tybee Island, Georgia. This is day one of my first ever vacation (I grew up on a farm and we couldn't leave animals unfed). Our internet service is a little sporadic but I will try and post when I can.


Check out the picture view from my bedroom balcony. Beyond the trees is where the Savannah River meets the Atlantic Ocean. I am on vacation with my in-laws. There are 4 children, age 2 and under; that should be fun! We began today by worshipping with the Central Church of Christ in Savannah, Ga. They are looking for a preacher at the present time (Dale Jenkins take note) and my brother in-law and I got immediate job offers when they learned we were in the ministry.

This afternoon we swam in the ocean and played on the beach. After attending services again at 6 p.m. we enjoyed a fine cuisine from Taco Bell. Tonight I plan to watch the ESPY’s since my childhood buddy Ty Rogers wins an award for his last second shot in the NCAA tournament. My connection is fading. Until tomorrow (if the internet connection allows) blessings to all.

No comments: