Friday, July 25, 2008

Tybee Island Last Supper




Today was blazing hot. The sun scorched our flesh, a tsunami soaked our towels and tent but our woes quickly vanished after steak and shrimp at Spanky's restaurant. Perhaps there is an underlying theme of corporal punishment between Tybee's two best restaurants; Spanky's and Fannie's. I was proud to be seen with Steph, she looked mighty good tonight (disclaimer to prevent future implications and argumentations; as she always does).


It is hard to imagine that a week has already passed. Just this time last week, we were staying with my sister after eating out with Landon and Teresa. Let us have a week in review. There was shrimp, shrimp, and more shrimp. I ate it sauteed, fried, steamed, grilled...I guess that's about it. There was plenty of sun and waves. Boogie boarding and Batman.


perhaps the worst part of a vacation is cleaning up and unpacking. I am not looking forward to that. Nor am I looking forward to our trek across the Peach state. No offense but the drive between Macon and Savannah just made my top 3 in worst travels routes (next only to any drive in Arkansas and Mississippi). And the worst travel routes are my all time most hated rankings that I keep up with.


Time has flown by, fun has been abundant, and exhaustion is prevalent. I hope you have enjoyed my first ever vacation blog from good ole Tybee Island, Ga. It has been a memorable week. What location awaits next year is yet to be seen. I will resume normal textual gems sometime in the near future. Ironically, the counter indicates that more people care about my random experience on vacation rather than the textual gems. Perhaps there is something to think about for yours truly. Adios and God bless.

No comments: