Monday, July 21, 2008

Vacation Day Two



Today I discovered another great to add to my life. Next to steak, sweet tea, power steering, and wireless internet, I have fallen in love with "boogie boarding." This morning my brother in-law, Ryan, and I spent several hours riding waves. I think it waqs divine intervention that I discovered this great art. Two boogie boards just happened to be in our house when we got here, so Ryan and I decided to give it a try. My only regret is that I have not discovered the boogie board earlier. I have always wanted to try surfing, but for now this will do. Addie is having a blast playing in the ocean. She has no fear which gives me great fear for an ever present eye must be with her.
Today we managed to get 3 of 4 kids down at the same time for a nap. I waited all day for that moment only to fall asleep myself. Taking naps in a bed are far better than my office chair. My chair is rather slick and I tend to slide out of it.


Savannah has a really neat river walk area. You can watch giant ships come in, take in a random sax player, and enjoy some fine dining. Tonight we chose the Pirate House an authentic, really old building near downtown. The seafood was delicious.


I have learned that I am probably more exhausted from my first day of vacation than weeks of work. But I don't get to visit the ocean very often. We have had several cuts and sunburns among the group. Ryan even got stung by a jellyfish but it is all part of the price we pay for time away. This is Andy Walker, 10-4 and out.

1 comment:

Jerrie W. Barber said...

I'm glad you are having a good vacation. We missed you at the workshop yesterday.